Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pink Ribbon Dress


While browsing SCS yesterday, I happen to find a beautiful card by "Jakester" it was so pretty that it motivated me to try one for myself, this is what came out of her idea. The card is 5" x 7", the dress measures 5 1/2" tall by 3 1/4" wide at the widest point. You could make this any size you would like. I used #3 sheer ribbon for the dress, you will use 3 yards to complete the dress. The mat behind the dress was embossed with white pearl embossing powder, the stamp used was from Inkadinkado. the ink was a VersaMark.
Flower rhinestones from Michaels were used for the finishing touches, you can embellish the dress with flowers or other accessories whatever you prefer. My granddaughter, Katie, will be going to Prom soon and she loves the color purple, obviously that will be my next project.

When attaching the ribbon to the cardstock pattern I used a taperunner, but when I got up this morning all the ribbon had come off the form, I then used a spot of Tacky glue to re-attach the ribbon, this works much better.
Would love to see everyones take on this dress. Tomorrow have a card to go with this one, check back to see what I'm working on. Have a great day of crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails