A very special wish to everyone out there, have a wonderful Mother's Day. Unfortunately I will be at work, thought it would be nice to give the ladies that work with me something special. Went to Home Depot, bought some plants, made a special pot out of DP, added a pick with "Happy Mother's Day." Mostly work with men that are limo drivers and shuttle bus drivers so this was a perfect opportunity to treat the ladies, know that it will put a smile on their faces. I saw the pattern for the little pots, or boxes along time ago and don't remember whose website had the tutorial, sorry. This is an easy project here are the steps:
l. Cut 2 strips of DP 3" x 11"
3. Fold all score lines.
4. Lay one strip on top of the other so you have an X, use tape to adhere.
5. Use decorative border punch for flaps. The border can also be punched before putting them together.
6. Punch a small hole on each corner, use ribbon or raffia to tie corners and you have a pot for a 3" plant.
7. Spellbinders classic scallop oval #3 and classic oval #2 were used for the sentiment, there was computer generated.
8. Used floral wire for picks.
The hardest part of this project was to make sure the plants didn't die, should have bought them on Sunday, I have a brown thumb, LOL!
Happy Mother's Day!!