Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Creative Journey

The word journey has so many different meanings. Last year my major journey was to learn how to use movie maker on my computer, spent hours and hours putting together a CD of a vacation that I took in 2007 with my sister (Kay) and her best friend (Barbara). After months of trial and error, I had a finished product and was thrilled with the finished production.


The Gingersnap Creations challenge for a journey, was definetly one that I wanted to try. Haven't been on a vacation, or anything exciting, so my journey was in creativity.
Shar at
GC had posted a tutorial about masterboards, and that is where my journey began. Shar's instructions are so easy to follow and her ideas are so inspirational, you can't help but want to start your own personal journey.


First it was necessary to find a stamp or group of stamps that would inspire me down the road. Michaels has a few and that is where I found "Jim Holtz Collection, Visual Artistry." These stamps will be used again and again for cards, and scrapbooking pages, as they remind me of the days when my parents were young and the journeys that they took in life.


Making a masterboard, was easier than I could have imagined, it was so much fun to make a printed paper that was my own design. Since completing the first one every stamp collection I look at now, I try to image as a masterboard. Kevin and I went shopping yesterday and he found a Disney set and that will be his next project to make a masterboard, he will be using the paper for a journal to start with, he is so excited about the whole process. He is becoming quite the cardmaker and papercrafter.



"Enjoy the Journey" was the first card that made it's presence know, simple and clean lines, will be perfect for a birthday cards, or just thinking of you.






This card was so much fun to make that I found myself making a second card, as there was plenty of paper left to try another project, this is card #2. Added brads to the sentiment and also dimensionals to give the card a little depth.





Had fun with that but wanted to still try a different project, hence my scrapbook page, and our journey to Lake Tahoe, with pictures of my two grandsons and my daughter.





This was so much fun to try and challenge myself to come up with projects, there is still enough paper to do a couple of more cards.
Shar has inspired me to explore new possibilities, her blog is wonderful, check it out here, Gingersnaps Creations is looking for new members come join this creative group of ladies.

Have a great day crafting.

2 comments:

  1. Your projects are out of this world, Sue. I'm so glad you joined us for the challenge. Fabulous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creations Sue! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails