Wednesday, January 20, 2010

BLOOMING TULIPS

I must love presure, saw this sketch last week at Our Creative Corner and wanted to create a card, but as usual waited to the last minute. Picked out the paper last week, and had a stamp ready to go, only problem was that the stamped image was too large for the card, back to the drawing board.




Was determined to finish the card yesterday, and found this tulip stamp in my stash, it is from Hero Arts and have had it for more than a decade, always loved it. Didn't stamp for alot of years and all my stamps used to be in a shadow box on the wall, they became art and just looked pretty. Since moving back to Vegas they are now in a drawer and I can't see them all, forget what I have they aren't where I can enjoy them all the time, need to do something about that little issue.


This was such a fun card to do, stamped the design on patterned paper, think this is a first, always think you need to stamp on plain paper. I used colored pencils to add the coloring of the flowers and the leaves. Used the lace border punch from Martha Stewart, my cutting system for the circles, and a butterfly punch from Creative Memories. Double faced satin ribbon was used for extra texture to the paper lace border.



Time for me to take on a few household duties, and then I want to work on a Resolution challenge that Gingersnap Creations is offering, as usual know what I want to do, just need to get it done. Am off to have some fun. Have a crafty day.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love what you did with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty, You Love pressure? You can have mine anytime LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so pretty with all the pink!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails