Tuesday, January 26, 2010

ALI'S CARD IS CASED

Nothing like waiting to the last minute to meet this challenge at GC the dealine is today. "Once in a Blue Moon" challenge is "Case A Cas by Ali." This was really fun to do and found myself spending more time trying to find something to add the the clean and simple card. Checked the jewelry box, buttons, charms, anywhere I could think of, after hours and days of hunting this was the result.

This is just the beginning of the 27 cards for Valentine's Day I promised by daughter, Jamie, that I would make for the children in her class. This one will be for one of the 10 girls and then the real challenge will be to do something for the boys.

I used red for the base and then embossed the white card stock using an embossing pad from Provo Craft, the hearts were perfect. The stamped heart is a stamp that I found at Michael's for just $1, it has lots of detail, which is unusual for one of their inexpensive stamps. The heart is matted with two shades of red, then add dimensionals and placed on the black mat.

Found the metal heart and used red metallic twine to tie the bow, this was glued onto the center of the heart. A special thanks to the DT for your challenges, they always inspire me to make cards and try new techniques.

Have a wonderful day, please leave a comment, it is so fun to hear from everyone out there.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! The CASE a CAS was my favorite blue moon challenge, too... love the ephemera! And I got that heart stamp too, LOL!! Some of that $1 stuff is getting very nice. Of course, if you buy 10 of them, like I do, well, er... hmmmm, not saving much, ROFL :D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Sue! Thanks for taking part in the challenge and good luck with ALL those valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Sue! Love how you layered the hearts and the cuttlebugged heart background!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails