Monday, March 29, 2010

COME FLY WITH ME!

Was really anxious to take this challenge to use only black and white on a tag. I have always loved black and white, think it is so striking. Took the time to check out all of the cards that have been submitted for the Tuesday Tag Challenge #44 and the tags are all amazing, think my tag maybe a little lame, oh, well, I really had fun trying to put this one together.




Found some great little stamps at Michaels and you can see that stamp it at the top of the tag. Used the stamp and put them together to make my own designer paper. The base if the card was a black and white print. Then a solid white with solid black on top of the print. Added my own designer paper that was stamped using colorbox ink. Grossgrain ribbon was attached to one side, paper lace design on the opposite side. Little hearts were made with a heart punch in both black and white. The sentiment was a sticker, as was the couple in black and white.



Wanted to make this into an actual luggage tag, as we are going to Reno next week. Will be spending a few days with my daughter, Jamie, grandsons, Mason and Kyle, and possibly a few quality minutes with Tim, my son-in-law, he works so hard and has extremely long days and nights.Decided to use Modpodge and put a couple of coats on the tag.

If you would like to see some of the other creative tags you can click
here. The next challenge to for myself is to do another tag and add a vintage picture of my father and add the reasons that we loved him so.

Hope everyone has a great week and take a few minutes a day to do something that your enjoy.

8 comments:

  1. Morning ....your tag is gorgeous...and certainly holds it own with the others contributed...Certainly not lame!
    Suz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the designer paper you created-- well done, Suzie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool tag - have a great trip! I love the color combo of black/white/red so it would be very pretty if you attached it to your luggage with a pretty red ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely not lame! This will make a gorgeous luggage tag - and you will have no problem finding yours among the other (dull!) suitcases!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful black and white useful tag, Suzie. I don't think it is in the least bit lame. I think it has an exciting look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your black and white composition looks really fab.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails