Saturday, April 16, 2011

WRITE YOUR OWN STORY


It has been a long, long time since my last post. Have been doing all types of crafts, but just haven't found the time to post them. When Gingersnap Creations challenged us to use a typewriter, I had a few to chose from, but this one is my favorite.


This is an altered notebook which tells its own story. Used papers that I picked up at Joanns and the typewriters are rub ons that were purchased at Michaels, from their $1 bins which have had a price increase to $1.50, inflation is the pits, LOL!


The edges of the book and all the papers were distressed using a sponge and ink. The brown background was solid paper, I used a gold gel pen and started to journal.


The sketch is from a Mojo Monday, from awhile back. For inspiration purposes I make a copy of sketches and have them in a folder so I can go back and pull from these ideas. Twenty different notebooks were completed this way before Christmas and each one was unique.


Thanks for stopping by, and being supportive.


Suzie

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty - love the layered rub-ons and I feel your pain at the inflation ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue! Glad you are back and hopefully with more great art for us! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours of your card Sue, and I love those typewriter rub ons :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great love what you have done with the typewriters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a wonderful job on this challenge...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab notebook! Love those rub-ons. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Suzie, this is wonderful! I love how you've incorporated typewriters and a fab sentiment, and that hand written journaling "patterned paper" is awesome. And seriously, 20 journals??? What lucky friends and family you have! ;) Thanks for playing along at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails