Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sister's Day

Over at Gingersnap Creations, there is a list of Reasons to Stamp, the #2 reason is Sister's Day. One of my goals was to use scrap paper, but hopefully have enough paper to complete 9 cards. Everything just seemed to come together, I love vintage type paper had plenty in my stash, it was a no brainer. That is where the inspiration came for this card, also knew that everyone in my family would relate to the picture and verse.




After searching The Vintage Moth blog, I found the perfect photo. My mother came from a large family with 5 sisters, the majority of their photos were of the three oldest girls, hence the reason behind the vintage photo of "Three Sisters". Now it was necessary to find the perfect verse, knew that I hadn't seen a stamp, so the quest was on. Found all kinds of great sayings, but the one that hit home was as follows:


I know some sisters who only

see each other on Mother's Day

and some who will never speak

again. But most are like my

sister and me.......




linked by volatile love, best friends

who make other best friends ever so

slightly less best.


----Patricia Volk






The photo is matted with classic scalloped oval from Spellbinders. Distressed the edges of the sentiment card on the front and inside. (Could not get a picture of the inside, have to use your imagination,sorry!)

Didn't use any stamps, but love the results.

Stop by Gingersnap Creations for more reasons to stamp, we are also looking for new members, love this group of ladies.

Have a crafty day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing the challenge, Sue! Your card is beautiful and the verse just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails